Top 10 Cloud Computing Trends for 2023
- Multi and hybrid cloud: More organizations are adopting a multi-cloud or hybrid cloud strategy to get the best of different cloud providers. By 2023, over 90% of enterprises will use a hybrid cloud solution.
- Edge computing: With the rise of 5G and IoT, edge computing will continue to grow. By 2024, most cloud platforms will offer edge services.
- Cloud-native applications: Cloud-native apps that are designed for the cloud will become more widely adopted due to benefits like agility, scalability and cost efficiency.
- Cloud security and resilience: As more workloads move to the cloud, organizations will invest in cybersecurity and resilience to protect their data and applications. The use of AI and automation for security will increase.
- The AI and ML-powered cloud: Cloud providers will continue to leverage AI and ML internally to provide more efficient services to customers.
- Low-code and no-code cloud services: Tools that allow codeless application development will gain popularity, lowering the barriers to using AI and ML.
- Evolution of cloud gaming: Cloud gaming has the potential to grow in 2023 with the rollout of 5G and faster networking technologies.
- Blockchain: The use of blockchain and related technologies as a cloud service will continue to expand.
- Internet of Things: The growth of IoT will drive the need for cloud services to process and analyze IoT data.
- Kubernetes: Kubernetes and containerization will continue to be adopted at scale to enable cloud-native applications.
In summary, a mix of platform and technology trends along with security, governance and optimization trends will shape the cloud computing landscape in 2023.